Dear hubby

Thanksgiving dinner at hubby's sister's place, and she has this idea that we go around the table with everyone talking about what they are thankful for... okay, so lets start with the kids.

Her daughter: I am thankful for my family, food, books and wii...

See, thats a girl thing. They really appreciate all this stuff that guys don't even notice till they like retire and have grandkids.

Her son: Wii, umm... and yeah family.

Kiddo's turn and she thinks it will be nice to simplify 'thankful' for him.

She: So, what do you like the most? What makes you very happy?

Kiddo: (without a pause) OBAMA!

That ends the ritual there and then.

Me thinking - I am thankful for my hubby. Because I don't have to be embarassed in situations like this. Everyone knows these are dear hubby's genes showing.

I don't think she will try the ritual next year and just let them go direct to the food.

Comments

Sagar Bhanagay said…
LOL!! Kids say the darndest things :D
Alok said…
At least he didn't say "Sudama-Obama".
Dash said…
how did he even know obama? school?
me said…
NPR
I listen to radio news in car every evening. So he knew Obama.
And then I told him that they are going to have an election between Obama and McCain, and he figured he will vote for McCain because he liked the name.
Finally, on 4th Nov, they had voting in the class and the kid voted for Obama... when I asked why, he said the teacher showed them photos, and he liked the look of Obama better...
Such a flipper... my poor TV/video deprived kid...
Dash said…
ha ha...

mccain ka naam achha lagaga hi. it is so close to his favourite mac, right?
Atul said…
No story is complete without me featuring into it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Of Karwa Chauth

Books et. al.

Indian Institutes