Female thought leader

I was at Radia Perlman's talk. This is an excerpt:

I got an email recently from a recruiter for a high tech company saying that they were very interested in me as a "female thought leader".

I didn’t reply, because I wasn’t interested in the job, but I fantasized replying:
Thank you for your interest. Although my credentials as a thought leader are impeccable, I must warn you that I am not that qualified as a female. I can’t walk in heels, I have no clothing sense, and I am not particularly decorative. What aspects of being female are important to this job?

Comments

Sagar Bhanagay said…
Ha ha!! Very 'though-provoking' indeed! :)
Alok said…
:)

I think there should be a rule about not deleting your posts/comments. Good to see you back to writing unlogica...
Ashutosh said…
you forgot something
Remember being "intimidating"

you could score 11 on a scale of 10 in this matter

Popular posts from this blog

Of Karwa Chauth

Books et. al.

Indian Institutes